If you have been reading my blog for very long, there is at least one thing that you have probably caught on to…I love roasted vegetables! There is just nothing better than a vegetable that has been roasted. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against steamed or sautéed vegetables. They are quite tasty, too. But there is just something about a roasted vegetable.
One of the only ways that I like broccoli and cauliflower are to roast them. I have roasted them frequently in the past, but recently I wanted to mix things up and add a new flavor to two of my favorite roasted vegetables. And so became…
Roasted Dijon Broccoli and Cauliflower
EVOO cooking spray
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 crown of broccoli, chopped
2 TB Dijon mustard
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
fine sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with EVOO cooking spray.
3. Stir together Dijon mustard, olive oil, and soy sauce until well-combined.
4. Toss broccoli and cauliflower with mustard marinade.
5. Pour broccoli and cauliflower onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
6. Roast for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the broccoli and cauliflower from the oven and shake the baking sheet to prevent the veggies from sticking.
8. Place back into the oven and roast for an additional 5-15 minutes, depending on how “roasted” you like your vegetables to be.
I love roasted broccoli and cauliflower seasoned with pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, but the addition of the Dijon mustard flavor is absolutely great!
If you think that you do not like broccoli or cauliflower, think again. I never realized that I liked certain vegetables (e.g., parsnips, brussel sprouts) until I tried them roasted. The addition of the Dijon flavor complements the roasted broccoli and cauliflower, and this marinade could certainly be utilized in roasting other vegetables too.
Now…go roast some veggies!
And I just have to share…
How seriously cute are these wall decorations? My mom bought these the last time she was visiting me in order to help me decorate my kitchen. I love them! They make me smile every time that I look at them :).