WIAW: January 30, 2013

Typing today’s date seems so surreal.  I cannot believe that it is almost February.  The first month of this year has certainly flown by.  I cannot say that I am complaining, though.  I am ready for some Spring time weather.  March and April get here sooner please!!

But enough about the weather 😉 ….let’s get right down to the eats!

WIAW january 2013

It’s “What I Ate Wednesday…”

WIAW 13013 4

Today’s breakfast consisted of one of my favorite breakfast creations: a waffle-wich!

WIAW 13013 6

I spread one whole grain Kashi waffle with blackberry jam and the other waffle with one Laughing Cow Swiss cheese wedge.  I sandwiched a sunny-side up egg sprinkled with pepper between the two waffles.  I don’t think that I will ever get tired of this sweet and savory combination.

WIAW 13013

On the side I ate a small bowl of Greek vanilla yogurt topped with fresh blueberries and blackberries.  The blackberries are seriously delicious right now!

Morning Snack

WIAW 13013 5

….enough said.

vietnamese sandwich 2

For lunch I ate a Vietnamese Bahn Mi-inspired sandwich (recipe to come soon!).  This is actually a recycled picture from last night’s dinner, but it looks much prettier than my Tupperware container ;).

WIAW 13013 7

I also ate a Jonagold apple.

A few of my co-workers and I went to a Retirement reception this afternoon, where I snagged a small piece of vanilla and chocolate swirl cake.  It has been awhile since I have treated myself to something sweet like cake, so I savored every bite.

wiaw 13013 3

Before heading to the gym, I fueled my body with some protein.  I ate a Trader Joe’s individual pack of whole natural almonds.  I love these individually-portioned packages.  Plus, Trader Joe’s has some of the most reasonably priced nuts around.

veggie baked potato 7

After my workout I came home and prepared a yummy dinner.  I had a veggie-stuffed baked potato topped with vegan queso “cheese” sauce (recipe to come soon!).  On the side I ate some roasted green beans.  This dinner was seriously delicious.

Tonight’s snacks have/will consisted of:

baby carrots with hummus
radish chips (recipe to come)
and fresh cantaloupe and clementine oranges.

A pretty well-rounded and delicious day of eats if I do say so myself!

• quartercenturysouthernliving January 30, 2013, 9:14 pm

That waffle-wich looks so good! I need to try that combination. I love Vietnamese sandwiches, can’t wait to see the recipe!

• Kristen January 30, 2013, 9:46 pm

There’s a new restaurant locally that only serves Bahn Mi. They do have a veg option, but looking forward to the recipe. And good vegan queso? Sounds like great posts to come!

• ahealthyhappyhome January 31, 2013, 9:35 am

Yum! The waffle sandwich sounds delicious! I love the sweet and savory combination!

• Alex @ therunwithin January 31, 2013, 10:01 am

oh girl I like your style, eggs in a waffle sandwich. That is prime

• Brittany January 31, 2013, 11:57 am

I don’t eat eggs, but that waffle-wich looks intriguing!! So does that sandwich!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl January 31, 2013, 10:04 pm

I try to eat vegan as often as I can, but one of the things that has kept me from going completely vegan is eggs…I just love them so much! :/

• abbykjohnson January 31, 2013, 8:40 pm

Yum! I seriously love waffles – I still have some pumpkin spice ones in my freezer and I’m making them last as long as possible!! Cake is always a winner in my book :)

• cleaneatingveggiegirl January 31, 2013, 10:05 pm

Pumpkin spice waffles sound amazing! They would certainly be great in a sweet and savory sandwich :).

• kaityscooking February 1, 2013, 8:05 am

oooooh vegan queso sauce i cant wait for that recipe!! and individual portions on the best i am the biggest cheater when it comes to taking portions of nuts and nut butters

• Hannah @ cleaneatingveggiegirl February 1, 2013, 10:19 pm

I have to have individual portions. I totally cannot control myself around a whole container of peanuts or almonds…especially if they are honey roasted!

• P February 1, 2013, 10:15 pm

Mmmm, vegan queso sauce on a potato?! Sounds delicious!!!