WIAW: June 26, 2013

Happy Wednesday evening!  I am very excited about the fact that the work week is more than halfway over.  Is anyone else out there excited?  Okay, silly question! ;)  But enough with the “small talk.”  Let’s take a look at what I have been munching on throughout the day!

WIAW June

Breakfast

WIAW 62613 3

I brought a bowl of cereal with me to work today for breakfast.  In the mix was Kashi GoLean, Cheerios, Cascadian Farms Cinnamon Crunch, and Arrowhead Mills Puffed Kamut cereals.  I ate them with  unsweetened vanilla almond milk, of course!

Mid-Morning Snack

Sorry, no picture of my banana, but I think that you have seen that one enough! ;)

Lunch

WIAW 62613 2

I ate leftovers from last night’s dinner for lunch.  I recreated the same Deconstructed Sushi Bowl that I mentioned in this past WIAW post, but used cauliflower “rice” in place of the quinoa this time.  As always, this was deeelicious!

I also ate…

WIAW 62613 5

an apple…

WIAW 62613 6

…and some roasted kabocha squash throughout the afternoon while at work.

Pre-Dinner Snack

WIAW 62613 4

Before dinner I snacked on some roasted turnip french fries dipped in ketchup and mustard.  What can I say, I am slightly hooked on these right now!

Dinner

polenta tostadas

I loved the mini polenta pizzas (check back on Friday for my info) that I made a couple of weeks back so much, that tonight I made mini polenta tostadas (more to come on this recipe soon!).  These were SO good.  I ate four and then went back for three more :).

Snacks

WIAW 62613

For snacks I prepped a veggie plate with celery, radish slices, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, and baby carrots with hummus.

I also have plans to eat some fresh berries and likely some Pop Chips to finish out the night.  For some reason, I am hooked on the “original” flavor of the Pop Chips right now, which is very strange for me because I usually do not go for the simpler flavors.

This was a seriously delicious day of eats.  I hope that tomorrow can stand up in comparison ;).

• kaityscooking June 26, 2013, 9:17 pm

yummm i havent had cereal in so long, I always had a random mix of each cereal then topped it with unsweetened coconut. So good!

• foodiecology June 26, 2013, 9:22 pm

I love the deconstructed sushi bowl; must try that soon! And I could probably eat kabocha squash (if I could find it–I usually settle for buttercup) daily. Looks dee-lish. :-)

• cleaneatingveggiegirl June 26, 2013, 9:23 pm

I could definitely eat it daily, as well. But you are right- it is SO difficult to find sometimes :(.

• Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie June 26, 2013, 9:47 pm

Whenever I eat cereal, I ALWAYS have to mix multiple kinds and have other add-ins, it just isn’t the same eating one type of cereal!

• Khushboo Thadani (@KhushbooThadani) June 26, 2013, 10:19 pm

Mm that roasted squash looks like perfection- love it :)

• jessielovestorun June 26, 2013, 10:36 pm

These type of days are my favorite. Love it when everything you consume tastes great!!

• megbek June 26, 2013, 10:46 pm

Yummy, I love all the colors and diverse foods in this WIAW. Those pizzas look delish! That’s awesome that you mix up several different cereals. I’m going to have to try that.

• ahealthyhappyhome June 26, 2013, 11:17 pm

I haven’t tried Kobocha squash with the skin on. Do you eat it? I peel it before roasting it. I’m interested in what it’s like with the skin though!

• swissfitchick June 27, 2013, 1:06 am

That Kabocha Squash looks sooo good! I wish we had them in season now here!
    And the Sushi Bowl looks superdelish too.

• Andrea @Pencils and Pancakes June 27, 2013, 6:38 am

I have been to the grocery store every day this week….I need to stay away!!”

• cleaneatingveggiegirl June 27, 2013, 7:29 am

Haha, it can be so tough, huh? I tried to make my list for the week and stick to it, but I always end up going back for fresh produce at least once per week.

• Jan @ Sprouts n Squats June 27, 2013, 6:48 am

I really need to try that deconstructed sushi bowl, it looks incredible! Especially with the cauliflower rice :)

• Davida @TheHealthyMaven June 27, 2013, 7:07 am

love your cereal mix! So cute :)

• Erin June 27, 2013, 7:24 am

I love how you mix random cereals together in one bowl! I need to do that more! And that deconstructed sushi bowl still looks amazing!!

• jumpeatrun June 27, 2013, 7:37 am

Looks like an awesome day of eats as usual!

• Marie @ Little Kitchie June 27, 2013, 8:25 am

Those polenta tostadas sound awesome!! I love polenta!

• ashley June 27, 2013, 8:36 am

Why did you have to mention Pop Chips because now I am craving them! I’m hooked, too! LOL And I’m soooo glad the week is almost over…bring on the weekend!

• Natalie June 27, 2013, 8:48 am

That roasted squash is calling my name, it looks excellent!

• Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 27, 2013, 8:54 am

I love the look of your lunch….well actually, all of your meals!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl June 27, 2013, 11:55 am

Thanks! They were super delicious. I love whenever I have an especially yummy day of eats :).

• Christine @ Gotta Eat Green June 27, 2013, 9:24 am

Looks like you had a healthy day of eats. My day was pretty good too.. I wish I had that squash though! Looks delicious!

• Alexis June 27, 2013, 12:09 pm

Those itty bitty polenta pizzas are the cutest things EVER!

• Eating 4 Balance June 27, 2013, 12:32 pm

How big are your bowls of cereal? I picture them to be those 8 cup rubbermaid bowls that we store salads in. Lol. I am seriously hoping that is the case because the thought of you carrying in a huge bowl of dry cereal into work everyday makes me smile :D

I see you are still loving kabocha. Have you done anything funky with it yet? It seems like it’s only a matter of time before people go kabocha crazy with nut butter, chocolate chips and egg combos.

• cleaneatingveggiegirl June 27, 2013, 1:13 pm

Haha, they aren’t quite that big! ;) I end up eating around 3 cups worth usually with everything combined.

And yes…last week I ate scrambled eggwhites with sliced roasted kabocha and peanut butter..SO good!!

• Dana @ Conscious Kitchen Blog June 27, 2013, 1:46 pm

Lots of veggie love going on here – love it! You’re lunch sounds delicious, especially with the avocado on the top.

• Nicole @ FruitnFitness June 27, 2013, 2:04 pm

Okay as usual all your food look really healthy and tasty but especially that kabocha squash. My favorite afternoon snack! Yum!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl June 27, 2013, 2:54 pm

It is my favorite afternoon snack, too! However, I also find myself eating it in the morning and evening, too! ;)

• katalysthealth June 27, 2013, 2:38 pm

seriously Im not sure if its the heat or what but I have been craving GIANT bowls of cereal all day every day. I had 2 bowls the other day. So stinkin good!

• blonde hair blue eyed runner June 27, 2013, 3:41 pm

Okay I want to eat your lunch right now! looks so great!

• Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie June 27, 2013, 3:48 pm

I definitely need to make a deconstructed sushi bowl and for sure want the polenta recipe!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl June 27, 2013, 4:17 pm

Yes, you absolutely should! You won’t regret it, especially if you like avocado as much as I do :).

• Katherine June 27, 2013, 4:06 pm

Ooh I just love mixed cereals! It’s one of the best ways to start off your day!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl June 27, 2013, 4:18 pm

You’ve got that right! I’m already looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow..is that sad? ;)

• Meredith June 27, 2013, 10:41 pm

I am a cereal mixer for life! Also, your cauliflower rice looks so good, I need to try that!

• Alex@Veggin' Out June 28, 2013, 7:15 am

I love mixing a bunch of different cereals too! The more different flavors, the better! :) Those polenta tostadas look AWESOME!! I love polenta, but I’ve never used it as a tostada. Your food is so creative as always. Oh and I’m all for those original popchips as well. SO good! Sometimes just a little salt does the trick :)

• cleaneatingveggiegirl June 29, 2013, 1:11 pm

Yes, I definitely get salt cravings more often than sweet cravings, which is ODD for me because I used to have a HUGE sweet tooth.

• Melanie @ beautifullynutty June 29, 2013, 8:54 am

Why is it whenever I see cereal photos I pretty much drool all over my computer? They always look so good!!