Friday Foodie Favorites: All Things Pumpkin

in Friday Foodie Favorites, Other

Now that is is officially Fall, it is only fitting that I dedicate a “Friday Foodie Favorites” post to one of my all-time favorite foods: pumpkin!  I know that I am not alone with my pumpkin-loving feelings, so hopefully these recipes and products will give you some fantastic ideas to satisfy all of your pumpkin cravings.  Oh, and I cannot forget to give Katie a little bit of credit for this post.  I loved her Pumpkin Approved post so much that I knew I also needed an ALL pumpkin post, too!

Friday Foodie Favorites: All Things Pumpkin

friday favorite pumpkin pancakesA couple of weeks ago I made Robyn’s Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.  I ate half of the recipe for breakfast and saved the other half for breakfast the next day at work.  These pancakes reheat beautifully, and also taste absolutely delicious topped with peanut butter, almond butter, pumpkin butter, and/or…

friday favorite pancakes apple sauce…homemade slow cooker applesauce.  These babies are oh-so good!

Speaking of pumpkin butter…

pumpkin butterI have a slight obsession with Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter!  I actually have a huge stash of it from last year that I am still working my way through, but for those of you who do not, I have good news: it is back in stores!

WIAW 52213 5I love to eat mine slathered on toast.  Get to TJ’s now and get stocked up for the year while you can!

pumpkin muffinsI have mentioned these before, but they definitely deserve another shout out.  These Maple Kissed Pumpkin Muffins from The Happy Herbivore are amazing and SO easy to make.  Plus, the nutrition facts are fabulous!  Eat these up!

pumpkin larabarThese were made for me.  Seriously, I am convinced of that ;).  I am loving these Pumpkin Spice Larabars, and if you have not tried them yet then you need to get with it!

Next up is another great pumpkin-filled breakfast idea:

pumpkin oatmeal bakeHere is another great recipe from Robyn.  Her Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal is deeeelicious!  I cut my bake into three servings (instead of four..hey, I like to eat!) for some of my breakfasts for work this week.  I followed suit and topped mine off with peanut butter and banana slices.  One of the days I subbed in sliced peaches in place of the banana and that was fabulous, too.  This is a great pumpkin breakfast option and could not be easier to make.  Try this one out if you are a pumpkin lover!

And finally…

breakfast cookie 5 y editedThis post would not be complete without another mention of my Banana Pumpkin Breakfast Cookie.  I have made this bad boy several times since sharing the recipe because I seriously cannot get enough.  Yes, it tastes as good as it looks!  Oh, and for those of you who have been loving this breakfast cookie, I have a new breakfast cookie coming your way soon.  And it may involve PB & J! 😉

It is Fall, people!  Go eat some pumpkin!

• Lisa October 4, 2013, 7:28 am

Loving this post! I’m going pumpkin crazy over here. I think I’ll most definitely have the orange glow happening any day now!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl October 4, 2013, 2:32 pm

Oh my goodness, me too…especially considering I eat tons of carrots and sweet potatoes, too!

• Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures October 4, 2013, 7:50 am

Yum, I love all things pumpkin too! Pumpkin overload, loving it!

• Ani October 4, 2013, 8:27 am

Absolutely LOVE pumpkin in the fall. I have a recipe for pumpkin vegan chili that is amazing!

• blonde hair blue eyed runner October 4, 2013, 8:50 am

I want/need that pumpkin butter!!! Yum!

• Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health October 4, 2013, 8:53 am

im loving everything pumpkin too – i just had a pumpkin smoothie with pumpkin granola 😛 i need to make that pumpkin bake. Happy Friday

• ashley October 4, 2013, 8:54 am

It’s been too long since my last trip to Trader Joe’s apparently…..I need to try this pumpkin butter!! Have a great weekend, Hannah!

• Davida @The Healthy Maven October 4, 2013, 8:58 am

I need to get my hands on that pumpkin butter! I feel tortured daily that Canada doesn’t have TJs!!

• Nicole @ FruitnFitness October 4, 2013, 9:04 am

Loving all things pumpkin! All of these recipes look great. I hope I’m not the only one who happens to eat huge spoonfuls of pumpkin right from the can.

• The Cookie ChRUNicles October 4, 2013, 9:12 am

I didn’t buy the pumpkin butter but everyone raves about it so maybe I should!

• Kelly @ hidden fruits and veggies October 4, 2013, 9:21 am

There’s no TJ’s here, so I’m thinking about making my own pumpkin butter to can. I’m just too jealous of how good it sounds not to. Also, excited for a PBJ breakfast cookie! Who doesn’t want to eat cookies for breakfast (could you work on a lunch and dinner cookie?)

• cleaneatingveggiegirl October 4, 2013, 2:43 pm

Haha, you could TOTALLY eat those for dinner, too! 😉 And you should absolutely make your own pumpkin butter and then share the recipe!

• Her Happy Balance October 4, 2013, 9:25 am

I think I need to make a TJ’s trip this weekend solely to pick up that pumpkin butter! And if a jar of cookie butter makes its way into my basket too, so be it!

• Ang @ Nutty for Life October 4, 2013, 10:14 am

You had me at TJ’s pumpkin butter! I don’t have a TJ’s at school, and I will be near one this weekend. You can bet that I’m going to go nuts there.

• moderngirlnutrition October 4, 2013, 10:15 am

EAT ALL THE PUMPKIN!! Haha. I love pumpkin so much- especially that TJ’s pumpkin butter!

• dailycupofkate October 4, 2013, 12:06 pm

I need to get my hands on that TJ pumpkin butter!!

• Becky @ Olives n Wine October 4, 2013, 12:06 pm

A PB and J breakfast cookie??! I love the way you think 😉 That was just the cherry on the top to all of this delicious pumpkin!

• Dana @ Conscious Kitchen Blog October 4, 2013, 1:11 pm

Looking forward to trying that pumpkin oatmeal bake! So much pumpkin goodness is all of these. I still have some pumpkin butter from last year too. Time to dig that out!

• Alysia L. (@Slim_Sanity) October 4, 2013, 2:22 pm

I haven’t really gotten my pumpkin on yet…. this needs to change!

• Emily @SinfulNutrition October 4, 2013, 4:10 pm

Can’t get enough pumpkin! Everything looks ah-mazing, although i have to say I wasn’t a fan of the pumpkin ALT bars. I was pretty upset with myself, haha!

• Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 4, 2013, 4:30 pm

Go eat pumpkin? You definitely don’t have to tell me twice 😉 I’ve already accepted the fact that I’ll probably turn orange this year, but it’ll be well worth it. The only thing that’s killing me is that we don’t have TJs up here, so no pumpkin butter!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl October 4, 2013, 5:05 pm

Such a bummer about the TJ’s, but there are LOTS of great pumpkin products/recipes for you to enjoy!! And yes, turning orange very well may happen to me. I already have an obsession with carrots and sweet potatoes…add the pumpkin and it’s going to be an overload ;).

• Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl October 4, 2013, 8:52 pm

No need to go get pumpkin, I’m already fully stocked! 😉 Everything in this post is seriously making me so hungry for breakfast, right before bed. You’re right TJ’s pumpkin butter is the BEST!

• Jan @ Sprouts n Squats October 4, 2013, 9:07 pm

So many amazing pumpkin recipes!! I saw Robyn’s pumpkin recipe too it looks so delicious :)

• sprint2thetable October 4, 2013, 10:19 pm

All hail the great pumpkin! I am checking out your cookie. Sounds awesome!

• Christina @ Pinch of Healthy October 4, 2013, 11:30 pm

Those pumpkin muffins look yummy! I get so jealous anytime I see Trader Joe products, I’m trying to convince my mom to go grocery shopping for me when she visits NY!

• Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet October 5, 2013, 3:52 am

Pumpkin butter is back?! *Runs to TJ’s!!!!* 😀

• taramdeal October 5, 2013, 6:18 am

Yay for pumpkin! I love it ALL!

• jessielovestorun October 5, 2013, 6:24 am

Who needs spray tans or tanning lotion when you got pumpkin to make you orange instead =)

• Katie (@runs4cupcakes) October 5, 2013, 8:25 am

drooling. . .. thankfully I have my pumpkin bars to keep me company. 😉

• pbandrunningshoes October 5, 2013, 2:10 pm

Love this post! Obsessed with pumpkin!

• ahealthyhappyhomee October 5, 2013, 5:16 pm

Mmmmmmm, love all things pumpkin right now,

• Danica October 5, 2013, 6:41 pm

This is a great post idea!
    I totally fall into the cliche – I adore everything about pumpkin right now, too!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl October 5, 2013, 7:59 pm

It is very cliche, huh? I have started wondering why I don’t eat pumpkin all year round…hmm…

• Robyn @ thereallife_RD October 8, 2013, 3:37 pm

so glad you’re enjoying the recipes- you’re reminding me to make some!!
    thanks for sharing friend :)
    love love love TJs pumpkin buttah!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl October 9, 2013, 4:28 pm

You have some GREAT ones!! I am loving trying them :). And yes, TJ’s pumpkin butter is where it’s at!