Feeling lazy? Don’t want to put much effort into cooking, but still want to prepare something semi-healthy? Trust me, we all have those moments. But don’t fret! Instead, make these Two-Ingredient Taquitos! This seriously might be the easiest recipe that I will ever post…
EVOO cooking spray
3/4 cup fat-free vegetarian refried beans
shredded cheese, optional
sour cream, optional
*I generally would recommend using whole wheat tortillas (for the health factor), but I just had to try these salsa tortillas!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with EVOO cooking spray.
2. Spoon 1/4 cup of refried beans onto each tortilla. Roll the tortillas tightly (you want them to be smaller than the size of a burrito) and place them seam-side down onto the baking sheet.
3. Lightly spray each taquito with with cooking spray.
4. Bake the taquitos for 5 minutes, flip, and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Repeat this process once more, or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them in the last few minutes of baking to ensure that they do not burn.
5. Serve your taquitos with salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, and/or sour cream, if desired.
Because I wanted to prepare a vegan dish, I stuck with salsa for my choice of side.
These were simply delicious. Simple to prepare and delicious to eat! There really is no excuse to not prepare a healthy, high-protein meal when you have a recipe as easy as this one. So from now on, I do not want to hear any excuses!