WIAW: February 6, 2013

Is it just me, or does February feel like it is already flying by?  Maybe it is because I have been busy at work and busy outside of work, but this week is definitely cruising right a long.  Trust me, I am certainly not complaining!  But enough February talk.  Let’s talk about Wednesday and What I Ate Wednesday!

WIAW February 2013

So it is “Love Your Veggies Month,” huh?  Well if you know me at all, then you know I certainly won’t have a problem with this WIAW theme ;).

WIAW 2613 3

Breakfast consisted of two of my current favorite morning eats.  I had two pieces of toasted Ezekiel 100% whole grain bread topped with half of a mashed avocado and salsa (p.s. you really must try the Wholly Guacamole salsa if you have not already..it is good!)…

WIAW 2613 4

…and raspberry Greek yogurt topped with fresh strawberries and blackberries.  I honestly do not think that I could ever get enough blackberries right now.

WIAW 2613 6

This probably comes as no surprise.  My mid-morning snack was a banana.  And a really yummy banana at that.  I was loving all of those brown spots! :)

quinoa n peas

For lunch I ate leftovers of last night’s dinner: Cheesy Quinoa ‘N Peas with “Bacon” (recipe to come) and a side of roasted broccoli.

WIAW 2613 5

I paired it with a serving of fresh cantaloupe.  And yes, that is a container made for veggies and dip…let’s just say that I was running low on clean containers ;).

WIAW 2613 2

After work I headed to the grocery store and then got right to baking.  It is my turn to bring breakfast to work tomorrow, so I baked a double-batch of Maple-Kissed Pumpkin Muffins.  While I baked, I ate a sliced Jonagold apple dipped in PB2 peanut butter to tide me over until dinner.

WIAW 2613

Tonight’s dinner was beyond delicious!  I made Chelsey’s Lentil Sloppy Joe’s and they were so, so tasty!  I served the lentils on toasted whole wheat bread and topped the sandwich with a bit of sriarcha sauce.  On the side I ate homemade sweet potato french fries and a dill pickle spear.  I seriously cannot wait to eat my leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Tonight’s snacks will likely consist of cooked green peas (weird, I know..but I just love them!), fresh fruits (cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges…some or all 😉 of these?), and something salty.  I am thinking either popcorn or Pop Chips.  Both sound awfully enticing right now.

I hope you all had a fabulous Wednesday!  It is almost Thursday, which means that it is almost Friday.  Keep trucking a long! :)

• Natalie February 6, 2013, 9:35 pm

Love a nice fresh cantaloupe!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl February 6, 2013, 9:38 pm

They are absolutely delicious, right? I cannot wait until they are in season because those ones always taste the greatest and you can almost always find one for a ridiculously good price!

• allisonhayes91 February 6, 2013, 9:51 pm

Omg everything looks so delicious! The wholly guacamole salsa is great.

• cleaneatingveggiegirl February 6, 2013, 10:19 pm

Isn’t it? Somehow it just tastes so much better than any other store-bought salsa that I have tried. I love it!

• paws2thepavement February 6, 2013, 10:03 pm

Your eats look great!!!
    ps- Just found your blog the other day :) I just started my own so I am new the blogging world!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl February 6, 2013, 10:20 pm

Thank you so much for stopping by. Welcome to the blogging world :). Don’t be a stranger!

• Khushboo Thadani February 6, 2013, 10:45 pm

Yum eats…I bookmarked that lentil sloppy joe recipe and glad to know that it’s as yummy as it looks :)! And I love that ‘veggies & dip’ container- genius much ;)!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl February 6, 2013, 11:02 pm

The lentil sloppy joe’s are SO good. I really think that you will love them as much as I do!

I am pretty sure that I got the veggie/dip container from the dollar section at Target…gotta love Target! 😉

• kaityscooking February 7, 2013, 5:15 am

I loveeeeee lentil sloppy joes and they make the BEST leftovers. So funny I eat peas like it’s nothing to sometimes at work i’ll be just eating a few cups of peas, they the bestttttt

• quartercenturysouthernliving February 7, 2013, 6:15 am

Looks like a great day of eats! It is almost Friday, yayyy :)

• Anna Smith-James (@AnnaTheApple88) February 7, 2013, 6:32 am

See I really don’t like bananas when they start to go brown! I like them really yellow.
    LOVE your dinner. Omg I didn’t know you could even make a lentil sandwich, yummmm!

• IHeartVegetables February 7, 2013, 8:46 am

Your meals look SO good! I’m loving all that fresh fruit!

• cookingfortheotherhalf February 7, 2013, 8:48 am

Looks ohso healthy! Love the avocado & toast — such a good combo!

• Alex @ therunwithin February 7, 2013, 9:05 am

girl I am digging your combos.. lentil sloppy joe, avocado and salsa. total yum

• Brittany February 7, 2013, 11:05 am

It’s felt like ALL the months have been flying by for me lately!! February is my favorite though..birthday and Vday yahoo!! YUM to all this food, I will have NO problems eating my veggies this month. 😉

• Nicole February 7, 2013, 1:41 pm

I saw Chelsey’s lentil sloppy joes and am planning to get the ingredients to make them when we go to the store today, they look/sound soo good.

• fromtoasttotofu February 7, 2013, 1:44 pm

That those sweet-potatoe fries look so delicious! Could I maybe get your recipe? :)

• cleaneatingveggiegirl February 7, 2013, 10:49 pm

• Cathy February 7, 2013, 3:17 pm

Just found your blog. Everything is so veggie healthy. What cookbooks do you use? Thanks.

• cleaneatingveggiegirl February 7, 2013, 10:49 pm

Most of the recipes I come up with myself, find online, or am inspired to create through other’s blog posts, but I am a BIG fan of the Happy Herbivore vegan cookbooks (she has 3 out right now). I definitely recommend checking them out!

• Lauren @ Eat Like An Elephant February 7, 2013, 3:49 pm

Love sweet potato fries! And I want that recipe for sure!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl February 7, 2013, 10:50 pm

It is pretty simple: All I do is cut them up, spray them with EVOO cooking spray, sprinkle them with sea salt, black pepper, and cinnamon and roasted from for about 25-30 minutes (depending on how crispy you want them) at 400 degrees F! Sweet potato fries are theeee best!

• P February 7, 2013, 6:53 pm

Mmm! Lentil sloppy joes sounds so delicious! Especially with some hamburger buns!

• Kailey (Caffeinated Runner) February 7, 2013, 7:33 pm

So glad I read this post because I NEED to go and buy some salsa. Not to mention I love the combo of avocado & salsa – so good and so simple!

• moderngirlnutrition February 7, 2013, 7:58 pm

Definitely trying that breakfast idea! I <3 avocado and salsa, and Ezekiel!

• cleaneatingveggiegirl February 7, 2013, 10:51 pm

I hope you love it. I am not sure how you couldn’t, though, since I know you are a big fan of avocados and Ezekiel bread!

• Allison @ Life's a Bowl February 8, 2013, 5:37 am

I loveee avo on toast [or tortillas]- so simple, yet so scrumptious! I have some leftover lentils and sloppy joe’s sound like a great way to use them up 😉

• LizForADay February 14, 2013, 4:03 am

You eat good. I like that. I would not have thought to but lentils on bread. I may try that. I have some in my freezer now. :)