WIAW: March 5, 2014

Welcome to the first What I Ate Wednesday post of March!  If you have not figured it out, I am pretty much obsessed with the month of March.  Spring is right around the corner and, better yet, so is my birthday!  I hope I am not the only (crazy?) person out there who likes to celebrate their birthday month!  I think we should all do that!

Let’s kick off the celebration by joining in on the What I Ate Wednesday party, hosted by Jenn at Peas and Crayons!

What I Ate Wednesday this past Sunday!

Breakfast

WIAW 3514 2After a fun weekend in Des Moines with some of my old college roomies, I hit the road to head back to Omaha.  On the way, I ate a mixed bowl of cereal sans almond milk.  In the mix: Corn Flakes, Arrowhead Mills puffed kamut, Kashi Heart to Heart Nutty Chia Flax cereal, and Kashi Go Lean Original cereal.

Lunch

WIAW 3514Once I made it back, I heated up some leftovers from Friday night’s dinner: spaghetti squash “pasta” with sauteed onions, red peppers, and spinach, marina sauce, and Italian seasoning.

Afternoon Snacks

WIAW 3514 4After my workout, I refueled with a green smoothie consisting of unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk, chocolate Vega One, frozen banana, frozen cranberries, frozen raspberries, and lots of fresh spinach.

WIAW 3514 3I don’t think a Sunday afternoon is complete without my current favorite snack: warm diced apples, cinnamon, almond butter, and dairy-free chocolate chunks.

Dinner

WIAW 3514 6Dinner was Kim’s Curried Vegetable Lentil Chili, which she shared as a guest post here a few weeks back.  I was so excited to finally be able to make it, and it did not disappoint.

WIAW 3514 5On the side I ate cooked mixed vegetables because for some odd reason I was really craving them.  Yes, I have weird cravings ;)

Evening Snacks

WIAW 102313 6Desserts for the night included fresh fruit…

WIAW 71013 2…and a baked sweet potato topped with maple almond butter.

WIAW MARCH 13

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!  Go eat lots of green foods!

• Lucie@FitSwissChick March 5, 2014, 6:58 am

I love that snack idea!! Sounds delicious!
    And I am jealous of the Spaghetti Squash – the season is over here, so I have to wait till fall again…..
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…WIAW#53 – Rush StyleMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 5, 2014, 4:19 pm

Ahh, what a bummer!! I am not looking forward to when it is out of season here. That time is right around the corner :(.

• Elyse @ Lizzie Fit March 5, 2014, 7:05 am

Yum yum yum baked apple with AB and choc chips! Its one of my go-to evening snacks :D And that spag squash looks delish. I need to bring the squash back into my life!
    Elyse @ Lizzie Fit recently posted…There’s More to Fitness Than MusclesMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 5, 2014, 4:20 pm

I don’t know why it took me so long to try the apple/AB/chocolate combo..but it is SO good!

• Marnie March 5, 2014, 7:58 am

I’m a March baby too! You look like a super healthy eater…so glad I found you through Jenn’s WIAW link up!
    Marnie recently posted…What I Ate Wednesday #2My Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 5, 2014, 4:21 pm

Yay for March babies! :) And thank you for stopping by! Don’t be a stranger!

• Stephanie @ My Freckled Life March 5, 2014, 8:21 am

Love the sound of those apples! I’m definitely going to have to try that out!

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 5, 2014, 4:21 pm

It is SO good!!! You definitely need to try it!

• Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health March 5, 2014, 10:35 am

we are just opposite when it comes to birthdays…

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 5, 2014, 4:22 pm

Aw, serious? Bummer! :(

• Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 5, 2014, 12:03 pm

birthdays are definitely meant to be a month-long event ;-)
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…WIAW: Instead, I…My Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 5, 2014, 4:22 pm

Thank you! I am so glad that you agree :).

• Nicole @ FruitnFitness March 5, 2014, 12:38 pm

I love March because of college basketball! I keep saying that I need to try the warm apple with almond butter and chocolate chips, it sounds so good!
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…WIAW – meatless TuesdayMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 5, 2014, 4:25 pm

Yes, you seriously NEED to!! It is so delicious!

• Ashley March 5, 2014, 3:05 pm

That spaghetti squash pasta looks so good! And my husband definitely celebrates birthday month haha I thought it was odd at first but now I may or may not do the same : )
    Ashley recently posted…Hearty Chipotle Chicken SoupMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 5, 2014, 4:26 pm

It sounds like you have a smart husband…and that you are smart too since you have decided to start celebrating birthday months also! ;)

• Angela March 5, 2014, 7:17 pm

sans milk? I could never eat dry cereal :P

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 6, 2014, 7:20 am

Haha, it is good if you have a good mixture!! :)

• Jessie March 5, 2014, 8:55 pm

I’m so happy you mentioned the apple with pb & chocolate snack bowl idea. I’ve been meaning to make one lately (subbing raisins for the chocolate) and just keep forgetting. Theres no way I can forget now since I wrote it down as a reminder to have for dessert after dinner LOL :)
    Jessie recently posted…Pretzel Crisps Review & GiveawayMy Profile

• ClnEatingVegGrl March 6, 2014, 7:21 am

Haha, it’s okay… I have to write myself reminders ALL the time. I hope it worked and that you enjoyed your dessert! :)